Wednesday, April 12, 2006

The Beginning of Anniversaries

This month marks the beginnings of one-year anniversaries of intense moments and the graying of my hair. It was a year ago in January my blood work revealed the disease had progressed. By February, the docs said I was sick enough to begin the transplant evaluation. It was a year ago this month the docs said I was well enough to survive a transplant. It was an odd time – having to be sick enough, yet well enough to endure what was ahead!

This month is the anniversary of when Dan, my friend, started the process as Donor #1. It was one of the most amazing times in my life to hear my friends genuinely pour out their care and concern for me. It was the hardest time in my life to make a decision of who would be first to begin the evaluation process.

Nonetheless, this is a year to celebrate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home