Sunday, July 06, 2008

Time in Memphis

Memphis was a couple of weeks ago. I was there to attend the CBF General Assembly. I am not one for convention type meetings and their business meetings, but fortunately there were some friends there and I made some new friends.

I ran into the Carpenters while I was there, all three generations. Logan and Christy have accepted a position at Second Baptist Little Rock. Kay and Rick were there for the meetings – the meetings with the grand. (There was only one time I saw the grandbaby unattended, but that is a story about Kay I’ll have to share at another time.) All was well with the Carpenters.

In one of the of business sessions, I ran into John Moore. (The business sessions were not at B.B. King’s, but if they were, I’d make all of the sessions!) John worked with me my first summer at UBC. We planned the first UBC Youth mission trip with the Navajo. He started this year as the Missions Pastor at FBC Abilene. After the business session, we headed to B.B. King’s on Beale Street for BBQ and Blues. We had a good time catching up and remembering events from the summer of `90.

One of the reasons I was in Memphis was to share stories of UBC and her work - not to attend the business meetings. It was very rewarding to talk about UBC’s projects and how they are accomplished.

Memphis was a great city for walking around. The General Assembly will be in Houston next summer, July 2-3, 2009, at the George R. Brown. Don’t know about the walking for next summer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home