Friday, February 09, 2007

Peer Pressure

I have attempted to “restart” this blog several times, but I have been ambivalent about how to proceed. The origin of this blog was to help my friends around the globe to stay in touch with the journey through decline and then the thankful journey to recovery.

It has been a year since I was released back into the world of possible infection as an immune suppressed person. (And as I type, I have been infected!) Things kidney are going very well. The last visit with the transplant clinic was two weeks ago and they are well pleased. They bid me farewell until August. (I am getting more comfortable with the lack of frequent data.)

This past year has been a time of daily celebration. After five years of increasing anxiety, we decided we would live the bonus days as days of celebration. So, last year was not given to too much other than a heavy dose of carpe diem - literally. We will continue the carpe living and will give this year to ponder what is next.

But back to the question of the blog. I’ve decided to give in to peer pressure. Many friends have peered into the blog on a frequent schedule. After each peering, they have sent an email wondering what is up and what is next. I don’t think of myself as narcissistic, but thanks to the encouragement of my peers who peer into here, I’m transitioning out of just renal topics to a journal of broader topics and thoughts.

Thank you to those who have encouraged me to write. I’ll attempt to post, but remember, I’m writing, not editing! So please peer away as I give in to the gentle pressure to post more often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home