Thursday, August 25, 2005

Longanimity


The picture you are looking at is ten stitches in my forearm. I had a little surgery a week ago Friday. There was a “questionable” blemish on my forearm. After several minutes of cutting a divot in my arm and ten stitches, it was gone and sent to pathology.

We found out last week it is benign. They did not tell me what it was and frankly, I did not care after I heard the word “benign.” The word malignant would have set off several alarms for doctors suggesting I start an immune suppressant protocol. Those alarms would have shut down the transplant process for a couple of years. Not a pretty scenario.

This was one of the two remaining hurdles to September 7. The next test is the final cross match with the donor. It is the last test to make sure the donor and I are compatible. The results of the cross match return September 6.

Next week is full of appointments to prepare for September 7. After so many starts and stops, it is hard to believe this may actually come to pass.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, Blogger the reeser said...

jeff, i will be praying for you and your family for sure! it was great to see you last sunday, and i'm going to take you up on talking about where God will lead me with seminary.
-kyle

 

Post a Comment

<< Home